New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents This collection contains original family documents consisting of a right-of-way agreed upon between William Calder and E.P. Hall, a deed between Phila C. Calder and James Lytch, two receipts, one for payment by Mrs. P. C. Calder, and the other for payment by Robert E. Calder, and a bond and warrant with a list of payments by Robert E. Calder.
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence and other documents associated with Cyrus Hogue's involvement in advocating for a new bridge crossing over the Cape Fear River in Wilmington. After decades of campaigning by local citizens, the Wilmington bridge project finally came to fruition with the completion of the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge in 1969. Hogue, a local Wilmington lawyer and Chairman of the Democratic Party, was instrumental in working the State Highway Commission and Governor Terry...
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal records pertaining to the Wilmington law firm, John D. Bellamy & Sons. Most of the records are directly related to John Dillard Bellamy, Jr. (24 March 1853-25 September 1942), and Bellamy’s law associates, including his son Emmett Hargrove Bellamy (12 February 1891-31 March 1952). John D. Bellamy, Jr., was a Democratic congressman, North Carolina legislator, politician, lawyer, and manufacturer. Types of materials include correspondence, court documents, and...
Scope and Contents This collections contains the records of the League of Women Voters of Lower Cape Fear from the early 1960s through present day, including meeting minutes, member rosters, informative guides, voter information, budget statements, publicity materials, and other business relevant to the every day operation of the organization. Based in Southeast North Carolina, of particular interest may be correspondence with government officials both in support of and in opposition to various existing and...
Scope and Contents This collection of printed material consists of broadsides, brochures, leaflets, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, tickets and programs related to the life and people of the Lower Cape Fear region of North Carolina.
Abstract This collection consists primarily of a family album and other photographs donated by a local Wilmingtonian, Robert E. Tapp, who relocated to Wilmington, NC in approximately 1904 from Somerset, England.
Dates: 1870-1979, Undated
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.