Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains over a hundred years worth of North Carolina land indentures, mortgage deeds, and warranty deeds, mostly in Brunswick County. Three documents refer specifically to lots of land in the city of Wilmington, and another refers to land in the State of New York.
Oscar Pearsall was a wholesale grocery merchant in Wilmington, North Carolina. He parterned with Benjamin Franklin Hall in 1874 and established Hall & Pearsall, a wholesale grocery and commission business. In 1906, Pearsall launched Pearsall & Company, with two of his sons, Frederick and Horace. This collection contains ledgers, correspondence, bills and shipping labels related to the two companies, as well as medical insurance certificates and related correspodence for Pearsall.
This collection consists primarily of a family album and other photographs donated by a local Wilmingtonian, Robert E. Tapp, who relocated to Wilmington, NC in approximately 1904 from Somerset, England.
St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.