Skip to main content

deeds

 Subject
Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Scope Note: http://vocab.getty.edu/page/aat/300027249

Documents, usually executed under seal, containing a conveyance, especially of real estate.

Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:

19th Century Onslow County Records

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-302
Scope and Contents Official documents from Onslow County, North Carolina from the late 1700s to the early 1900s. Items include letters, deeds, maps, and contracts.
Dates: 1787-1908, undated

1493 Deed

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-117
Scope and Contents 1493 deed written in an undetermined language on vellum.
Dates: 1493

Barden Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-127
Scope and Contents This collection contains the papers of the Barden Family of Southeastern North Carolina. Contained are records, receipts, deeds, correspondence, and photographs. All items are photocopies, except for the photographs from 1922.
Dates: 1784-1922 (photocopies/reprints)

Bland Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-303
Scope and Contents This collection consists of papers and artifacts of or relating to the Bland Family of North Carolina, including papers of other prominent families who have close relations to the Blands. This collection spans from 1802 to 1985 and consists primarily of legal documents regarding the transfer and acquisition of land in Brunswick and Columbus counties of North Carolina. There are various types of deeds, the majority being land deeds, as well as several indentures between Bland family members and...
Dates: 1802-1985

Calder Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-082
Scope and Contents This collection contains original family documents consisting of a right-of-way agreed upon between William Calder and E.P. Hall, a deed between Phila C. Calder and James Lytch, two receipts, one for payment by Mrs. P. C. Calder, and the other for payment by Robert E. Calder, and a bond and warrant with a list of payments by Robert E. Calder.
Dates: 1844-1875

Craven County Records

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-022
Scope and Contents These records are primarily deeds for land in Craven County, North Carolina ranging in date from 1724 to 1882. Included are a Lord’s Proprietors’ land grant, two king’s grants, a North Carolina state grant, several deeds, and some maps and descriptions of land tracts. Several deeds are transfers, made throughout the years, which consist of either part, or all the same parcel of land. Cross-references are made in the inventory to the most obvious of these grants. There are also letters and a...
Dates: 1724-1882, 1950

Elizabeth Catharine DeRosset Land Deed

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-126
Scope and Contents This collection contains the Deeds of Lease and Release for 960 acres of land originally sold by John Watts to Edward Bridgen and later by Edward Bridgen to his sister, Elizabeth Catharine DeRosset. The land was located near near New Topsail sound and Barren inlet, bordering land owned by Job Howes.
Dates: 1769-1774

Lake Waccamaw History

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-270
Scope and Contents Conservation ecology, fauna and flora of eastern America, and fish and fishing at Lake Waccamaw are a part of this collection donated by John McNeill.  Also included are histories of food, church, mollusks and shells of North Carolina, and general history of the area. Of interest is State Park Master Plan, House Document on Green Swamp, scenic travel guides. Also contains deed and land indentures for land in Bladen and Columbus Counties dating from 1735-1884.
Dates: 1735-1884, 1985-2004

North Carolina Indentures

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-120
Scope and Contents This collection contains over a hundred years worth of North Carolina land indentures, mortgage deeds, and warranty deeds, mostly in Brunswick County. Three documents refer specifically to lots of land in the city of Wilmington, and another refers to land in the State of New York.
Dates: Other: 1799-1928

St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-180
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
Dates: 1858-2009