Scope and Contents
This collection contains a typed supplement to the publication, "Winter Park Presbyterian Church, The People and Times: A History, One Hundred Years 1913-2013," by Sherman Hayes, of which he also wrote. This supplement contains church information such as a directory, list of elders, deacons, women of the Church officers, and long-time members, as well as historical events occurring over the hundred years of the Church's existence.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use.
Copyright 2019 University of North Carolina at Wilmington, all rights reserved (subject to exceptions). Certain items in this collections were conveyed to UNCW without the accompanying copyright. Where the donor did not convey copyright to UNCW, copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Winter Park Presbyterian Church is a church in Wilmington, North Carolina, which celebrated its 100 year anniversary in 2013. Formed in 1909 and officially recognized as a congregation in 1913, the Church started as a mission project of the First Presbyterian Church in downtown Wilmington. The founding families included the Sinclairs, Shews, and McIntires. The church currently sits on the same lot as its initial structure, which was called Chadbourn Chapel for its benefactors, Mr. and Mrs. James Harmon Chadbourn. The land it sat on had been previously donated to First Presbyterian Church by Hugh MacRae.
Sherman Hayes served as University Librarian of Randall Library at the University of North Carolina Wilmington for 11 years from 1997-2008. In April 2009, Randall Library dedicated the first floor art wall as the Sherman L. Hayes Gallery.
1 Folder (Contains 1 folder)