Dr. Duncan Randall Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains papers and memorabilia related to Dr. Duncan Randall's personal and family life, his military career with the U.S. Air Force, his academic career as a professor at Wilmington College (now UNCW), and his personal and political interests. Materials include documents, correspondence, newspaper articles and clippings, a stamp collection, emphemera, artifacts, and photographs.
- Creation: 1939-2001
- Randall, Duncan Peter, 1931-2002 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Copyright retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Duncan Randall was born on October 28, 1931 in Chicago, Illinois to William and Myldred Randall. He received an A.B. from the University of Georgia, a M.A. from Northwestern University and a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, all in Geography. During the Korean War, Randall served as Captain in the U.S. Air Force. He joined Wilmington College as a faculty member in 1956 and served as head of the Earth Sciences Department from 1970-1974 and 1975-1978. He was named one of the charter members of The Order of Isaac Bear, an order that recognized thirteen faculty members who had remained part of the University since its location in the Isaac Bear building on Market St. He retired from UNCW in 1994 and was conferred Professor Emeritus. Dr. Duncan Randall died on August 16, 2002.
4 Linear Feet (Contains 7 document boxes, 1 oversize box, and 2 map case folders)
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by Allen Randall and Steven Randall in December 2001.
Processed by Kate Edwards during Summer 2014. Finding aid authored by Kate Edwards and Rebecca Baugnon during Summer 2014.
- Deselected 8 books in German of geography/maps: -Die Kriegsgeologie des Oberelfak -Gteinbruche und Gandgruben zwifchen Rhein und Dur -Vier Jahre Hermann-Goring -werke salzgitter -6. Wehrgeologischer Lehrgang in Heidelberg -Kartenmappe: Nautisch-Geographische Kustenbeschreibung Der Halbinsel Italien -Luftgeographilches Einzelheft Kuftengebiere des meftlichen Mittelmeeres -Luftgeographilches Einzelheft Agypten und Cyrenaika -Military Geology Branch "file copy"
- Dr. Duncan Randall Papers
- Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note