Skip to main content

Wessel & Eilers Business Ledger

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-002

Scope and Contents

H.B. Eilers and J. Wessell opened a wholesale grocery and liquor business December 8, 1851 in Wilmington. The business was located at No. 1 and 2 of P.K. Dickinson’s Building on North Water Street. This collection consists of a ledger book for the firm that covers 1853 – 1856. The ledger has an alphabetical index in the front and contains 557 pages of entries.

Dates

  • 1853-1856, 1984

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research use.

Copyright Statement

Copyright retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.

Extent

1.10 Linear Feet (Contains 1 oversize box)

Language

English

Acquisition Information

Method and date of acquisition unknown.

Processing Information

Originally processed by Lana Donaldson Taylor in 1989. In 2015, this manuscript collection was rehoused with current archival standard materials by Christine Hockaday.
Title
Wessel & Eilers Business Ledger
Status
Completed
Author
Lana Donaldson Taylor
Date
1989 April 14
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Randall Library Special Collections Repository

Contact:

910-962-7462