Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Papers of the Dr. T. F. Wood family of Wilmington, NC. Includes Dr. Woods's Civil War recollections, correspondence, writings of Dr. Edward Jenner Wood, and genealogy of the Wood family.
Thirteen xerographic copies of letters sent to James and Elizabeth Gore High of Whiteville, North Carolina are contained in this collection. The letters were sent to them by their sons Daniel Pinckney High (known as D.P. or Pink), John H. High, and William J. High during the Civil War. James High also received letters from family friends, William H. Best and William R. Richardson, both of Whiteville.
This collection contains two copies of letters written from William Howell to Lawson Howell in October 1863; a copy of a letter from W.H. Spurlin to his cousins; a copy of a Company Muster Roll for Wm. M. Howell, 5 Regiment South Carolina State Troops; a copy of The Confederate States of America, Officers' Pay Account for Lieutenant W. Howell; copies of Furlough slips for Lawson Howell; and a copy of the Descriptive List and Account of Pay and Clothing for Lawson Howell.
This collection consists of a letter written by James R. Womble, a Confederate soldier, to his father, Thomas Womble. Womble was a laborer in Company A, 2nd Battalion, North Carolina Local Defense troops, of the Arsenal Guard. His letter is dated January 20, 1865. It was written from the City Courthouse of Wilmington and describes the fall of Fort Fisher.
Letter to Mrs. C.A. Council from her unnamed brother dated 17 February 1862. In the letter, Council's brother describes the location where his regiment is stationed during the Civil War.
This collection consists of a letter dated 1914, written by Richard Laracy, veteran, recounting his Civil War experiences to a friend. The letter outlines Laracy's experience at the Battle at Gettysburg. He was a Union soldier in Culter's 1st Division, 1st Corps. Included are the original letter and a photocopy.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives X
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 6
- correspondence 3
- photocopies 3
- Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources 1
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Fort Fisher (N.C. : Fort) -- Capture, 1865 1
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 -- Personal narratives 1
- North Carolina--Genealogy 1
- North Carolina--History, local 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Religion 1
- Unionists (United States Civil War) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1 ∧ less
- Armstrong, Edward Hall, 1841-1864 1
- Armstrong, Thomas James, 1813-1877 1
- Ashe, John Baptista, -1734 1
- Ashe, Samuel A. (Samuel A'Court), 1840-1938 1
- Ashe, Samuel, 1725-1813 1
- Ashe, William Shepperd, 1814-1862 1
- Best, William H. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 18th 1
- Davis, Joseph Jonathan 1
- High, Daniel Pinkney, 1843-1912 1
- High, James, 1808-1876 1
- High, John Homer 1
- High, William J., 1842-1862 1
- Howell family 1
- Howell, Lawson, 1833-1910 1
- Howell, William H., 1826-1891 1
- McCarthy, Gerald, 1858-1915 1
- Richardson, William R., 1823-1895 1
- Spurlin, W. H. 1
- Womble, James R. 1
- Womble, Thomas 1
- Wood, Edward J. (Edward Jenner), 1878-1928 1
- Wood, Thomas Fanning, 1841-1892 1 ∧ less