Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection contains the papers of Congressman Alton Lennon during his tenure as U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 7th congressional district from 1957-1972. Included in the collection is correspondence, reports, and other documents related to legislation, district affairs, and politics during the time. Also included are three large scrapbooks documenting news coverage from Congressman Lennon's career and campaigns.
Scope and Contents This collections contains the legislative papers of North Carolina State Senator John J. Burney, Jr. Senator Burney represented New Hanover County from 1966-1972. The legislative papers consist primarily of correspondence, bills, publications, printed materials and newspaper clippings, covering a broad spectrum of social, economic and political issues during his time in office. Topics include taxation, environmentalism, transportation and infrastructure, Wilmington College (now UNCW), and water...
Dates: 1960 - 1972
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a studio portrait of Thomas E. Cooper as a young man, two printed items, and nineteen items of correspondence. The early handwritten letters, from 1905 to 1907, are primarily from Cooper to his wife, Jane Collins, written while Cooper was working in Mullins, South Carolina. Later letters from 1925 are typewritten to his wife while Cooper was serving time in the Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia. Cooper had been charged and sentenced, along with his brother...
- Subject: Political Campaigns -- North Carolina X
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 2
- Politicians 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 2
- Bank fraud 1
- Bankers -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Cooper, Thomas E., 1883-1949 1
- Lennon, Alton, 1906-1986 1
- North Carolina. Governor (1925-1929 : McLean) 1
- United States. Congress. 1
- Wilmington College 1 ∧ less