Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Official documents from Onslow County, North Carolina from the late 1700s to the early 1900s. Items include letters, deeds, maps, and contracts.
Dates: 1787-1908, undated
Scope and Contents The Captain Edward W. Ward Collection includes various items related to Ward's experience during the Civil War including Confederate Bond Coupons, a loan to the Confederate States and papers regarding his military service. The collection also contains newspaper articles and documents regarding settlement of debts by made by Ward.
Scope and Contents Contains three documents related to Camp Davis, an antiaircraft artillery training facility built during World War II by the United States Army near Holly Ridge in Onslow County.
Dates: 1941, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal records pertaining to the Wilmington law firm, John D. Bellamy & Sons. Most of the records are directly related to John Dillard Bellamy, Jr. (24 March 1853-25 September 1942), and Bellamy’s law associates, including his son Emmett Hargrove Bellamy (12 February 1891-31 March 1952). John D. Bellamy, Jr., was a Democratic congressman, North Carolina legislator, politician, lawyer, and manufacturer. Types of materials include correspondence, court documents, and...
Scope and Contents This collection primarily contains Onslow County land deeds dating from 1785 to 1918. Also included are documents pertaining to the will and estate of Elisha Walton and information regarding school attendence in the 5th district of Onslow County in 1853.
Scope and Contents This collection specifically deals with nearly sixty years of operations with the United Service Organization (USO) in Jacksonville, NC, including information on the post-WWII era segregated USO. Materials on national and international USO operations from the WWII era to the 1980s are also among the collection.Material consists of numerous photographs, publications, newspapers, operations and budget reports, council meeting minutes, correspondence, newsletters, event press,...
- Subject: Onslow County (N.C.) X
- Onslow County (N.C.) 5
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Bladen County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Camp Davis (N.C.) 1
- Camp Lejeune (N.C.) 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Holly Ridge (N.C.) 1
- Jacksonville (N.C.) 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Lawyers 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- Money -- Confederate States of America 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Onslow County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Pender County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- Onslow County 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- correspondence 1
- deeds 1
- maps (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, Emmett Hargrove, 1891-1952 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, 1853-1942 1
- National Catholic Community Service 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States. Army (General subdivision: History. Chronological subdivision: World War, 1939-1945.) 1