Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Contents This collection contains records pertaining to chapter and regional events of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Alpha Psi Omega chapter. Alpha Kappa Alpha was the first intercollegiate historically African American sorority. Alpha Psi Omega, the Southeast North Carolina chapter, was chartered in 1932. Materials include event programs, souvenir booklets, newspaper clippings, invitations, magazines, posters, and a photocopy of the Alpha Psi Omega chaper charter. The bulk of the materials pertain to...
Dates: 1932, 1969-2019
Scope and Contents This collection contains original family documents consisting of a right-of-way agreed upon between William Calder and E.P. Hall, a deed between Phila C. Calder and James Lytch, two receipts, one for payment by Mrs. P. C. Calder, and the other for payment by Robert E. Calder, and a bond and warrant with a list of payments by Robert E. Calder.
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence and other documents associated with Cyrus Hogue's involvement in advocating for a new bridge crossing over the Cape Fear River in Wilmington. After decades of campaigning by local citizens, the Wilmington bridge project finally came to fruition with the completion of the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge in 1969. Hogue, a local Wilmington lawyer and Chairman of the Democratic Party, was instrumental in working the State Highway Commission and Governor Terry...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original documents, letters, financial records and printed material dealing with the establishment of free public schools in Wilmington, North Carolina after the Civil War. The correspondence details the financial support for school construction, teacher recruitment, and administration provided by the Massachusetts Soldiers Memorial Society, Mary Hemenway, Amy Bradley and the American Unitarian Association for what came to be known as Wilmington School District #2....
Scope and Contents This collection contains records created by the "From Our Hearts to Yours" health initiative, a program created to promote heart disease awareness among Black women. Materials include a poster, two vinyl banners, brochures and booklets, promotional fliers, event programs, correspondence, a historical report, newspaper clippings, a magazine article, and photographs.
Dates: 1994-2021, bulk 2005-2019
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal records pertaining to the Wilmington law firm, John D. Bellamy & Sons. Most of the records are directly related to John Dillard Bellamy, Jr. (24 March 1853-25 September 1942), and Bellamy’s law associates, including his son Emmett Hargrove Bellamy (12 February 1891-31 March 1952). John D. Bellamy, Jr., was a Democratic congressman, North Carolina legislator, politician, lawyer, and manufacturer. Types of materials include correspondence, court documents, and...
Scope and Contents This collections contains the records of the League of Women Voters of Lower Cape Fear from the early 1960s through present day, including meeting minutes, member rosters, informative guides, voter information, budget statements, publicity materials, and other business relevant to the every day operation of the organization. Based in Southeast North Carolina, of particular interest may be correspondence with government officials both in support of and in opposition to various existing and...
Scope and Contents This collection of printed material consists of broadsides, brochures, leaflets, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, tickets and programs related to the life and people of the Lower Cape Fear region of North Carolina.
Abstract This collection consists primarily of a family album and other photographs donated by a local Wilmingtonian, Robert E. Tapp, who relocated to Wilmington, NC in approximately 1904 from Somerset, England.
Dates: 1870-1979, Undated
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
- Subject: New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources X
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County -- History 3
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 3
- Religion 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- correspondence 2
- deeds 2
- African American Health Care 1
- Bladen County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Cape Fear Memorial Bridge (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Church Membership 1
- College sorority members 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Health education 1
- Heart diseases in women 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Lawyers 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina--History--19th century 1
- Onslow County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Pender County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Presbyterian Church 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- North Carolina 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Voter registration -- United States 1
- Voting -- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 18th century 1
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 1
- Women -- Political activity -- United States 1
- Women in the Presbyterian Church 1
- Worship Programs 1
- minutes (administrative documents) 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- Albritton, Jana, 1954- 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Babcock, W. F. (Willard F.), 1917-1991 1
- Bellamy, Emmett Hargrove, 1891-1952 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, 1853-1942 1
- Bradley, Amy Morris, 1823-1904 1
- Calder, Phila Cohen Lazarus, 1806-1888 1
- Evans, Merrill Jennings, 1904-1993 1
- Faircloth, Lauch, 1928- 1
- Hemenway, Mary, 1820-1894 1
- Hogue, Cyrus D., Jr., 1921-2017 1
- League of Women Voters of the Lower Cape Fear 1
- Martin, Silas N. (Silas Nelson), 1828-1877 1
- Morton, Hugh M. 1
- Presbyterian Women (Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)) 1
- Sanford, Terry, 1917-1998 1
- Sprunt, James, 1846-1924 1
- St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Tapp family 1
- Tapp, Elizabeth Prentess Woodward, 1888-1978 1
- Tapp, Robert Estworthy, 1880-1979 1
- William Calder, 1792-1844 1
- Wilmington College. Board of Trustees 1 ∧ less