Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The American Legion Auxiliary Unit No. 10 of Wilmington was charted September 13, 1919 by fifteen World War I veterans in accordance with US 41 Stat. 284. This collection contains three scrapbooks and several folders of ephemera pertaining to veterans and active military personnel from southeast North Carolina between 1942-1963. Items included in the scrapbooks are enlistment notices, obituaries, memorial lists, achievements attained, prisoner of war lists (POWs) and other patriotic articles...
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers and memorabilia related to Dr. Duncan Randall's personal and family life, his military career with the U.S. Air Force, his academic career as a professor at Wilmington College (now UNCW), and his personal and political interests. Materials include documents, correspondence, newspaper articles and clippings, a stamp collection, emphemera, artifacts, and photographs.
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This collection contains photographs, a floppy disk, money bills, pamphlets, print outs, and memorabilia belonging to Richard Sims, a retired sergeant with the Unites States Marine Corps during the Korean War. This collection ties to an existing oral history done with Sims regarding his experiences in the war.
Dates: 1950-1999; Majority of material found within 1950-1953
- Subject: Korean War, 1950-1953 X
- North Carolina 1
- Political 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- History -- Sources 1
- paper money 1
- printed ephemera 1 ∧ less
- American Legion. Auxiliary 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Jones, Viola Murrell 1
- Randall, Duncan Peter, 1931-2002 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1