Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents This collection contains several albums of postcards, loose postcards, photographs, and two bound copies of letters and cables written by Alice Fechtig to her father during her European tour, June 6 - September 16, 1929. Many of the postcards in the collection are in color and include major European tourist attractions. Other countries included in the collection are the United States, the Caribbean islands, Russia, and Japan.
Scope and Contents A letter dated October 26, 1910, from Agnes MacRae Parsley to her daughter, Anna Parsley Love, notes the preparations made for moving into town from Masonboro Sound, a summer residence. It illustrates the housekeeping preparation for such a move for a family of comfortable means, and social interaction in an informal manner.
Dates: 1910 October 26
Scope and Contents These papers contain personal correspondence between Cronly family members and letters and petitions directed to Wilmington and New Hanover County government officials. This personal correspondence falls between the years 1888 and 1907. The letters and petitions to area officials address two concerns: first, the need for reopening a county road, and second, the proposed use of property once used as the State Guard campground. A notebook is also included in this collection, containing an...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopies of land grants, deeds, and land surveys for various properties in North and South Carolina. Also of significance in this collection are photocopies of Dr. Bellamy's Oath of Allegiance (U.S. Department of State Certificate), his pardon from President Andrew Johnson, and his letter of the pardon to Secretary of State William H. Seward.
Dates: 1778-1865 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents Papers of the Dr. T. F. Wood family of Wilmington, NC. Includes Dr. Woods's Civil War recollections, correspondence, writings of Dr. Edward Jenner Wood, and genealogy of the Wood family.
Scope and Contents This collection contains 46 manuscripts, letters, and documents dating from 1811-1864, relating to the Kellogg family in Wilmington, N.C. Included are inventories of personal effects and papers from 1826 concerning Jos. Kellogg's death and an 1811 indenture of land.
Scope and Contents The McDonald-Howe Family Papers encompass a rare piece of history in southeastern North Carolina, beginning in 1861 when the freedom of Frederick Howe is granted. This collection contains character references, baptismal certificates, court documents, correspondence, photographs, an autobiography, educational resumes, and an eyewitness account of the 1898 Wilmington Riot, along with other family documents.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the personal and business papers of the Murchison family, specifically of David Reid Murchison, his wife, and his business associates. Items are mostly calling cards, notes, and stationary.
Dates: 1872, 1912, undated
Scope and Contents Contains personal letters between various members of the Pearsall family from the late 1800s to early 1900s, as well as bills, account statements, and the articles of agreement for the 2nd Presbyterian Church.
Dates: 1885-1925, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials relating to the Rehder family of Wilmington, North Carolina including family history and genealogy. Of note in the collection are letters between sisters Johanna Rehder and her sister, Katherine (Tat) Rehder while Katherine was a nurse in World War II.
- Subject: Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County X
- Wilmington (N.C.) 3
- Political 2
- Religion 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- correspondence 2
- African Americans -- Genealogy 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County -- History 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- Deeds -- North Carolina -- Craven County 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- North Carolina--History--19th century 1
- Pardon 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Presidential candidates 1
- Presidents -- Election 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Wilmington Massacre, Wilmington, N.C., 1898 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- photocopies 1
- postcard albums 1
- postcards 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, John Dillard, Dr., 1817-1896 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Clinton, Bill, 1946- 1
- Cotton, Nada McDonald, 1895-1977 1
- Cronly family 1
- Cronly, Robert Dixon, Jr., 1894-1968 1
- Fechtig, Alice Morriss, 1896-1971 1
- Howe family 1
- Howe, Alfred, 1817-1892 1
- Howe, Tenah, -1852 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Love, Anna Parsley, 1886-1973 1
- McCarthy, Gerald, 1858-1915 1
- McDonald family 1
- Murchison, David R. (David Reid), 1837-1882 1
- Parsley, Agnes MacRae, 1859-1930 1
- Pearsall family 1
- Rorison, Harmon Chadbourn, 1893-1976 1
- Rorison, John C. (John Chadbourn), 1894-1970 1
- Seward, William H. (William Henry), 1801-1872 1
- Walker family 1
- Walker, Anthony (-1837) 1
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998 1
- Wood, Edward J. (Edward Jenner), 1878-1928 1
- Wood, Thomas Fanning, 1841-1892 1 ∧ less