Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of original papers, handwritten ledgers, bills, account books, early personal checks, indentures, letters, church records, and hand drawn town maps. The early church was est. 1729 in Newtown (Wilmington).Also included are copies of early Colonial records in North Carolina from 1729, and copies of letters to the Bishop of London, 1735. The church was still very much an extension of the Church of England, and in 1737, a citizen of the town made a bequest toward...
Scope and Contents This collection contains a typed supplement to the publication, "Winter Park Presbyterian Church, The People and Times: A History, One Hundred Years 1913-2013," by Sherman Hayes, of which he also wrote. This supplement contains church information such as a directory, list of elders, deacons, women of the Church officers, and long-time members, as well as historical events occurring over the hundred years of the Church's existence.
Dates: 2013 October
- Subject: Church Membership X
- Presbyterian Church 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) 2
- Women in the Presbyterian Church 2
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- Church history -- 19th century 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Sources 1
- Presbyterian Church -- Membership 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Worship Programs 1
- correspondence 1
- deeds 1
- minutes (administrative documents) 1 ∧ less
- Hayes, Sherman, 1948- 1
- Presbyterian Women (Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)) 1
- Sprunt, James, 1846-1924 1
- St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Winter Park Presbyterian Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1