Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials relating to the business operations of A.W. Buffkin in Columbus county, North Carolina during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Also included are two land grants for land in Bladen County, North Carolina dating to 1779 and 1815.
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal records pertaining to the Wilmington law firm, John D. Bellamy & Sons. Most of the records are directly related to John Dillard Bellamy, Jr. (24 March 1853-25 September 1942), and Bellamy’s law associates, including his son Emmett Hargrove Bellamy (12 February 1891-31 March 1952). John D. Bellamy, Jr., was a Democratic congressman, North Carolina legislator, politician, lawyer, and manufacturer. Types of materials include correspondence, court documents, and...
Scope and Contents Conservation ecology, fauna and flora of eastern America, and fish and fishing at Lake Waccamaw are a part of this collection donated by John McNeill. Also included are histories of food, church, mollusks and shells of North Carolina, and general history of the area. Of interest is State Park Master Plan, House Document on Green Swamp, scenic travel guides. Also contains deed and land indentures for land in Bladen and Columbus Counties dating from 1735-1884.
Dates: 1735-1884, 1985-2004
- Subject: Bladen County (N.C.) X
- Bladen County (N.C.) 2
- Columbus County (N.C.) 2
- Bladen County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Business records 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Lake Waccamaw (N.C.) 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Lawyers 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Onslow County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Pender County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- deeds 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, Emmett Hargrove, 1891-1952 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, 1853-1942 1