Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Ellen Douglas Bellamy Journal
Governor John W. Ellis Proclamation
A copy of a rare broadside calling the North Carolina legislature into special session was issued by Gov. John W. Ellis on April 17, 1861. The session was called as a result of Abraham Lincoln's call to arms "for the invasion of the peaceful homes of the South....." Only one original is known to exist (according to the donor) from which this copy was made.
Howell Family Papers
This collection contains two copies of letters written from William Howell to Lawson Howell in October 1863; a copy of a letter from W.H. Spurlin to his cousins; a copy of a Company Muster Roll for Wm. M. Howell, 5 Regiment South Carolina State Troops; a copy of The Confederate States of America, Officers' Pay Account for Lieutenant W. Howell; copies of Furlough slips for Lawson Howell; and a copy of the Descriptive List and Account of Pay and Clothing for Lawson Howell.
Joseph J. Davis and Family Private Papers
Mrs. C.A. Council Letter
Letter to Mrs. C.A. Council from her unnamed brother dated 17 February 1862. In the letter, Council's brother describes the location where his regiment is stationed during the Civil War.
William J. Hoke Captain's Commission
This collection contains a commission for William J. Hoke as a Captain of the Southern Guards, a Rifle Company attached to the Seventieth Regiment, North Carolina Militia, on December 11, 1850. His commission was signed by North Carolina Governor Charles Manly and his private secretary, Andrew J. Terrill.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 3
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 2
- Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources 1
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- North Carolina. Governor (1849-1851 : Manly) 1
- Politicians 1
- Spotsylvania Court House, Battle of, Va., 1864 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- broadsides (notices) 1
- correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, Ellen Douglas, 1852-1946 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 18th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 1st 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 38th 1
- Davis, Joseph Jonathan 1