Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Craven County Records

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-022
Scope and Contents These records are primarily deeds for land in Craven County, North Carolina ranging in date from 1724 to 1882. Included are a Lord’s Proprietors’ land grant, two king’s grants, a North Carolina state grant, several deeds, and some maps and descriptions of land tracts. Several deeds are transfers, made throughout the years, which consist of either part, or all the same parcel of land. Cross-references are made in the inventory to the most obvious of these grants. There are also letters and a...
Dates: 1724-1882, 1950

Dr. John D. Bellamy Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-066
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopies of land grants, deeds, and land surveys for various properties in North and South Carolina. Also of significance in this collection are photocopies of Dr. Bellamy's Oath of Allegiance (U.S. Department of State Certificate), his pardon from President Andrew Johnson, and his letter of the pardon to Secretary of State William H. Seward.
Dates: 1778-1865 (photocopies)

Elizabeth Catharine DeRosset Land Deed

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-126
Scope and Contents This collection contains the Deeds of Lease and Release for 960 acres of land originally sold by John Watts to Edward Bridgen and later by Edward Bridgen to his sister, Elizabeth Catharine DeRosset. The land was located near near New Topsail sound and Barren inlet, bordering land owned by Job Howes.
Dates: 1769-1774

St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-180
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
Dates: 1858-2009