Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Scope and Contents Official documents from Onslow County, North Carolina from the late 1700s to the early 1900s. Items include letters, deeds, maps, and contracts.
Dates: 1787-1908, undated
Scope and Contents 1493 deed written in an undetermined language on vellum.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the papers of the Barden Family of Southeastern North Carolina. Contained are records, receipts, deeds, correspondence, and photographs. All items are photocopies, except for the photographs from 1922.
Dates: 1784-1922 (photocopies/reprints)
Scope and Contents This collection consists of papers and artifacts of or relating to the Bland Family of North Carolina, including papers of other prominent families who have close relations to the Blands. This collection spans from 1802 to 1985 and consists primarily of legal documents regarding the transfer and acquisition of land in Brunswick and Columbus counties of North Carolina. There are various types of deeds, the majority being land deeds, as well as several indentures between Bland family members and...
Scope and Contents This collection contains original family documents consisting of a right-of-way agreed upon between William Calder and E.P. Hall, a deed between Phila C. Calder and James Lytch, two receipts, one for payment by Mrs. P. C. Calder, and the other for payment by Robert E. Calder, and a bond and warrant with a list of payments by Robert E. Calder.
Scope and Contents These records are primarily deeds for land in Craven County, North Carolina ranging in date from 1724 to 1882. Included are a Lord’s Proprietors’ land grant, two king’s grants, a North Carolina state grant, several deeds, and some maps and descriptions of land tracts. Several deeds are transfers, made throughout the years, which consist of either part, or all the same parcel of land. Cross-references are made in the inventory to the most obvious of these grants. There are also letters and a...
Dates: 1724-1882, 1950
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopies of land grants, deeds, and land surveys for various properties in North and South Carolina. Also of significance in this collection are photocopies of Dr. Bellamy's Oath of Allegiance (U.S. Department of State Certificate), his pardon from President Andrew Johnson, and his letter of the pardon to Secretary of State William H. Seward.
Dates: 1778-1865 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection contains the Deeds of Lease and Release for 960 acres of land originally sold by John Watts to Edward Bridgen and later by Edward Bridgen to his sister, Elizabeth Catharine DeRosset. The land was located near near New Topsail sound and Barren inlet, bordering land owned by Job Howes.
Scope and Contents Conservation ecology, fauna and flora of eastern America, and fish and fishing at Lake Waccamaw are a part of this collection donated by John McNeill. Also included are histories of food, church, mollusks and shells of North Carolina, and general history of the area. Of interest is State Park Master Plan, House Document on Green Swamp, scenic travel guides. Also contains deed and land indentures for land in Bladen and Columbus Counties dating from 1735-1884.
Dates: 1735-1884, 1985-2004
Scope and Contents These papers document land transfers in Baltimore and Howard Counties in Maryland during the 1800s and contain three items: two indentures and one map.One indenture, dated December 5, 1837, records a sale by Alexander H. and Rebecca A. Tyson to Robert Gilmor, Jr., of a tract of land called Mount Pleasant. Both parties were of Baltimore County.The other indenture in this group is an assignment from Charles Carroll of Howard County, Maryland, to his son, John Lee Carroll,...
- Subject: deeds X
- deeds 12
- Brunswick County (N.C.) 3
- Columbus County (N.C.) 3
- Wilmington (N.C.) 3
- Deeds -- North Carolina -- Craven County 2
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- correspondence 2
- maps (documents) 2
- Bladen County (N.C.) 1
- Church Membership 1
- Craven County (N.C.) -- History 1
- Deeds -- Maryland 1
- Duplin County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Eagle Island (New Hanover County, N.C) 1
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Lake Waccamaw (N.C.) 1
- Land use surveys -- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- Land use surveys -- Columbus County (N.C.) 1
- Lawyers 1
- Map drawing 1
- North Carolina 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina--History--19th century 1
- Onslow County (N.C.) 1
- Pardon 1
- Political 1
- Presbyterian Church 1
- Religion 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Women in the Presbyterian Church 1
- Worship Programs 1
- Wrightsville Beach (N.C.) 1
- minutes (administrative documents) 1
- photocopies 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- English 13
- Undetermined 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, Dr., 1817-1896 1
- Bland Family 1
- Bland, Johnie, 1898-1963 1
- Calder, Phila Cohen Lazarus, 1806-1888 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Martin, Silas N. (Silas Nelson), 1828-1877 1
- McKoy, William Berry, 1852-1928 1
- Presbyterian Women (Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)) 1
- Seward, William H. (William Henry), 1801-1872 1
- Sprunt, James, 1846-1924 1
- St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- William Calder, 1792-1844 1 ∧ less