Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photocopies of music scores and sheet music primarly composed by Alfred Harding Yopp, Wilmington musician and businessman, as well as correspondence, newspaper clippings, and programs.
Dates: 1896-1976 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence from Henry (Harry) Bacon to his family. Most of the letters are addressed to his mother, but some are to his older sister Katherine and his younger brother Carl. Many are illustrated with humorous sketches portraying various predicaments of daily life. The post-college letters in this group came from scattered times of his life and contain frequent though modest allusions to his professional achievements. These letters are photocopies of letters lent to...
Dates: 1881-1921 (photocopies), 1969, 1994; Majority of material found within 1885
Scope and Contents This collection contains photocopies of letters and notes from Joseph Jonathan Davis to his wife Katherine Elizabeth Shaw. Many of the letters in this collection are referenced in T.H. Pearce’s, They Fought: The Story of Franklin County Men in the Years 1861-1865. Davis’s letters to his wife discuss his experience during the Civil War regarding soldiers, living conditions, weather, etc. Many of his letters include requests to his wife for supplies and also...
Dates: 1862-1894 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of 109 photocopies of letters from black soldiers during World War II. They were used in Dr. Phillip McGuire’s book, Taps for a Jim Crow Army, published in 1983.
Dates: 1941-1946 (photocopies), 1983; Majority of material found within 1941-1946 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers, artifacts, and media related to the establishment and day-to-day operations of St. John’s Art Gallery. It emphasizes exhibits by providing insight into the world of art and curation techniques at the time. Moreover, the collection follows the remodel of St. John’s as they attempted to expand and play host to larger exhibits. This collection includes by-laws, consignment forms, reports, planners, press releases, brochures, correspondence, architectural plans,...
- correspondence 4
- Architects -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 2
- Arts 2
- African American soldiers -- Correspondence 1
- African American veterans 1
- Art -- History 1
- Artists -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Choral music 1
- Composers -- United States 1
- Hymns 1
- Lincoln Memorial (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Music 1
- Racism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Military life 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States. Army -- African American troops -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives 1
- blueprints 1
- newspapers 1
- sheet music 1 ∧ less
- American Institute of Architects 1
- Bacon, Henry, 1866-1924 1
- Davis, Joseph Jonathan 1
- McGuire, Phillip, 1944- 1
- Yopp, Alfred Harding, 1876-1973 1