Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Documents Relating to Public Education in New Hanover County

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-135
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original documents, letters, financial records and printed material dealing with the establishment of free public schools in Wilmington, North Carolina after the Civil War. The correspondence details the financial support for school construction, teacher recruitment, and administration provided by the Massachusetts Soldiers Memorial Society, Mary Hemenway, Amy Bradley and the American Unitarian Association for what came to be known as Wilmington School District #2....
Dates: 1865-1924

Kidder Family Correspondence

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-234
Scope and Contents This collection consists of five letters written between 1858 and 1872 among the Kidder family of Wilmington, NC. Letters were sent to and from Edward Kidder, patriarch of the family and a local lumber merchant, his wife Ann, and their children, specfically Edward H. and Frederick. They speak of their recent activities and experiences, as well as checking after each other's health. Included is a letter from Silas N. Martin, mayor of Wilmington from 1870-1872, to Edward H. regarding his wedding...
Dates: 1858-1872

St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-180
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
Dates: 1858-2009