Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents A letter dated October 26, 1910, from Agnes MacRae Parsley to her daughter, Anna Parsley Love, notes the preparations made for moving into town from Masonboro Sound, a summer residence. It illustrates the housekeeping preparation for such a move for a family of comfortable means, and social interaction in an informal manner.
Dates: 1910 October 26
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photocopies of letters written by Bruce B. Cameron to his future wife, Meredith College student Lottie Fales, as well as later letters written by their son, Daniel D. Cameron, to his parents and sister during his service in WWII. The letters between Cameron and Fales illustrate life in Wilmington during the early part of the century, and provide information on the female college experience during that era. Daniel Cameron’s letters offer a soldier’s experience of the...
Dates: 1912-1914 (photocopies), 1944 (photocopies), 2002, 2005; Majority of material found within 1913-1914 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original documents, letters, financial records and printed material dealing with the establishment of free public schools in Wilmington, North Carolina after the Civil War. The correspondence details the financial support for school construction, teacher recruitment, and administration provided by the Massachusetts Soldiers Memorial Society, Mary Hemenway, Amy Bradley and the American Unitarian Association for what came to be known as Wilmington School District #2....
Scope and Contents This collection features papers, photographs, and memorabillia belonging to Don Betz, who served as mayor of Wilmington, North Carolina from 1987 to 1997. Betz's appointment books and correspondence from throughout his tenure, as both a city council member and later mayor, depict both his day-to-day duties and important local issues he discussed with officials and legislators at the state and national level. His campaign work, service outside the council, and involvement in local, national, and...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of five letters written between 1858 and 1872 among the Kidder family of Wilmington, NC. Letters were sent to and from Edward Kidder, patriarch of the family and a local lumber merchant, his wife Ann, and their children, specfically Edward H. and Frederick. They speak of their recent activities and experiences, as well as checking after each other's health. Included is a letter from Silas N. Martin, mayor of Wilmington from 1870-1872, to Edward H. regarding his wedding...
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a studio portrait of Thomas E. Cooper as a young man, two printed items, and nineteen items of correspondence. The early handwritten letters, from 1905 to 1907, are primarily from Cooper to his wife, Jane Collins, written while Cooper was working in Mullins, South Carolina. Later letters from 1925 are typewritten to his wife while Cooper was serving time in the Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia. Cooper had been charged and sentenced, along with his brother...
Scope and Contents This collection contains eight pages of correspondence, including invoices to William R. Bowers (of William R. Bowers and Co.) in Providence, Rhode Island during the 1830s. Goods were shipped from Wilmington, N.C. by Lazarus and Whitmarsh, John W. Fisher, and D.B. Hood.
- Wilmington (N.C.) 6
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 3
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 2
- Families 2
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County -- History 1
- Bank fraud 1
- Bankers -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Business records 1
- Church Membership 1
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 1
- Politicians 1
- Presbyterian Church 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- North Carolina 1
- Religion 1
- Shipping 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- Commerce 1
- Women in the Presbyterian Church 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- Worship Programs 1
- deeds 1
- minutes (administrative documents) 1 ∧ less
- Betz, Donald H. (Donald Henry) 1
- Bradley, Amy Morris, 1823-1904 1
- Cameron, Bruce Barclay, 1890-1944 1
- Cameron, Daniel David, 1921-2005 1
- Cameron, Lottie Fales, 1894-1960 1
- Cooper, Thomas E., 1883-1949 1
- Democratic National Convention 1
- Hemenway, Mary, 1820-1894 1
- Kidder, Ann Potter, 1812-1872 1
- Kidder, Edward Hartwell, 1840-1921 1
- Kidder, Edward, 1805-1885 1
- Kidder, Frederick, 1848-1908 1
- Love, Anna Parsley, 1886-1973 1
- Martin, Silas N. (Silas Nelson), 1828-1877 1
- North Carolina. Governor (1925-1929 : McLean) 1
- Parsley, Agnes MacRae, 1859-1930 1
- Presbyterian Women (Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)) 1
- Sprunt, James, 1846-1924 1
- St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- William R. Bowers & Co 1 ∧ less