Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents This collection contains several albums of postcards, loose postcards, photographs, and two bound copies of letters and cables written by Alice Fechtig to her father during her European tour, June 6 - September 16, 1929. Many of the postcards in the collection are in color and include major European tourist attractions. Other countries included in the collection are the United States, the Caribbean islands, Russia, and Japan.
Scope and Contents A letter dated October 26, 1910, from Agnes MacRae Parsley to her daughter, Anna Parsley Love, notes the preparations made for moving into town from Masonboro Sound, a summer residence. It illustrates the housekeeping preparation for such a move for a family of comfortable means, and social interaction in an informal manner.
Dates: 1910 October 26
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photocopies of letters written by Bruce B. Cameron to his future wife, Meredith College student Lottie Fales, as well as later letters written by their son, Daniel D. Cameron, to his parents and sister during his service in WWII. The letters between Cameron and Fales illustrate life in Wilmington during the early part of the century, and provide information on the female college experience during that era. Daniel Cameron’s letters offer a soldier’s experience of the...
Dates: 1912-1914 (photocopies), 1944 (photocopies), 2002, 2005; Majority of material found within 1913-1914 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection contains the personal correspondence and private papers of the Wilmington-based Cronly family, primarily related Margaret M. Cronly (1827-1911), and her children Jane Murphy Cronly (1850-1935), Sallie Taylor Cronly (1852-1913), Michael Cronly (1858-1930), Joseph Murphy Cronly (1858-1907), William Neil Cronly (1860-1904), Robert Dickson Cronly (1863-1936), Douglas Tennent Cronly (1865-1931), Margaret Cronly (1868-1947), and Mary Douglas Cronly (1871-1949). Other family members...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of five letters written between 1858 and 1872 among the Kidder family of Wilmington, NC. Letters were sent to and from Edward Kidder, patriarch of the family and a local lumber merchant, his wife Ann, and their children, specfically Edward H. and Frederick. They speak of their recent activities and experiences, as well as checking after each other's health. Included is a letter from Silas N. Martin, mayor of Wilmington from 1870-1872, to Edward H. regarding his wedding...
Scope and Contents The McDonald-Howe Family Papers encompass a rare piece of history in southeastern North Carolina, beginning in 1861 when the freedom of Frederick Howe is granted. This collection contains character references, baptismal certificates, court documents, correspondence, photographs, an autobiography, educational resumes, and an eyewitness account of the 1898 Wilmington Riot, along with other family documents.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the personal and business papers of the Murchison family, specifically of David Reid Murchison, his wife, and his business associates. Items are mostly calling cards, notes, and stationary.
Dates: 1872, 1912, undated
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 5
- Wilmington (N.C.) 4
- correspondence 3
- Families 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- African Americans -- Genealogy 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County -- History 1
- Jonkonnu (Festival) 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- Political 1
- Wilmington Massacre, Wilmington, N.C., 1898 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- postcard albums 1
- postcards 1 ∧ less
- Cameron, Bruce Barclay, 1890-1944 1
- Cameron, Daniel David, 1921-2005 1
- Cameron, Lottie Fales, 1894-1960 1
- Cotton, Nada McDonald, 1895-1977 1
- Cronly family 1
- Cronly, Michael, 1826-1898 1
- Cronly, Robert Dixon, Jr., 1894-1968 1
- Fechtig, Alice Morriss, 1896-1971 1
- Howe family 1
- Howe, Alfred, 1817-1892 1
- Howe, Tenah, -1852 1
- Jones, Pembroke, 1858-1919 1
- Kidder, Ann Potter, 1812-1872 1
- Kidder, Edward Hartwell, 1840-1921 1
- Kidder, Edward, 1805-1885 1
- Kidder, Frederick, 1848-1908 1
- Love, Anna Parsley, 1886-1973 1
- Martin, Silas N. (Silas Nelson), 1828-1877 1
- McDonald family 1
- Murchison, David R. (David Reid), 1837-1882 1
- Parsley, Agnes MacRae, 1859-1930 1
- Walker family 1
- Walker, Anthony (-1837) 1 ∧ less