Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This collection contains digital photographs, diplomas, a nursing cape, and a log of surgeries observed by Annie Mavis Brady during her time at James Walker Memorial Nursing School in the 1940s.
Scope and Contents This extensive collection includes the original materials and photocopies of the legal actions instituted by Dr. Eaton and his fellow plaintiffs to compel the integration of the fundamental institutions of New Hanover County--the public schools and the hospital--in the 1960s and 1970s. Moreover, the collection also reflects the broad spectrum of Dr. Eaton's interests and activities which included medical and public health issues, education, civil rights and athletics.A gifted...
Scope and Contents These papers contain the association's records, photographs, brochures, and related memorabilia, as well as documents belonging to alumni from their time of attendance.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the personal memorabilia of Jean C. and Morris F. Powell, including pharmaceutical advertisements, photographs and a diploma from James Walker Memorial Hospital Nursing School.
Dates: 1944-2003, undated
Scope and Contents This unpublished political statement by James E.L. Wade in May, 1967 to the New Hanover County League of Women Voters covers a wide spectrum of programs he was involved with on both a local level and as a member of the General Assembly of North Carolina. Mr. Wade outlines his vision for the future of a greater Wilmington, covering improvements in all major areas from roads to parks and waterfront re-development, a convention center, preservation, recreation, city drainage, a bridge over the...
Dates: 1942, 1967, 1975
- Nursing schools 3
- Cape Fear Memorial Bridge (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Central business districts 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Greenfield Lake (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Infrastructure (Economics) 1
- Interstate 40 1
- Landscape gardening 1
- Low-income housing 1
- Nursing 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Political 1
- Politicians 1
- Public health -- Study and teaching 1
- School integration 1
- Tourism 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Urban beautification 1
- Urbanization 1
- Voting -- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Waterfronts 1
- World's Largest Living Christmas Tree (Wilmington, N.C.) 1 ∧ less
- American Tennis Association 1
- Community Hospital (Wilmington, NC) 1
- Eaton, Hubert A., Dr. (Hubert Arthur), 1916-1991 1
- Gibson, Althea, 1927-2003 1
- League of Women Voters of the Lower Cape Fear 1