Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, church programs and scrapbooks, as well as a large collection of sheet music that belonged to Mrs. Kirton. The scrapbooks in this collection highlight Father Kirton's career and other family events and the social column written by Mrs. Kirton for the Afro American newspaper.
Oscar Pearsall was a wholesale grocery merchant in Wilmington, North Carolina. He parterned with Benjamin Franklin Hall in 1874 and established Hall & Pearsall, a wholesale grocery and commission business. In 1906, Pearsall launched Pearsall & Company, with two of his sons, Frederick and Horace. This collection contains ledgers, correspondence, bills and shipping labels related to the two companies, as well as medical insurance certificates and related correspodence for Pearsall.
Contains Church records, newsletters, histories, directories, event documents, architectural drawings, church bulletins, tapes, photographs, and CDs containing photos from the 1930s to the 2000s. A large amount focuses on The Women of the Church (WOC), a woman-focused group of the Church.
This collection consists primarily of a family album and other photographs donated by a local Wilmingtonian, Robert E. Tapp, who relocated to Wilmington, NC in approximately 1904 from Somerset, England.
St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church was founded in Wilmington, North Carolina by Rt. Rev. Thomas Atkinson, bishop of the diocese of North Carolina in 1858. This collection contains documents, ephemera, minutes, pamphlets, photographs, publications and record books pertaining to the history and operations of the church.