Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3

Documents Relating to Public Education in New Hanover County

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-135
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original documents, letters, financial records and printed material dealing with the establishment of free public schools in Wilmington, North Carolina after the Civil War. The correspondence details the financial support for school construction, teacher recruitment, and administration provided by the Massachusetts Soldiers Memorial Society, Mary Hemenway, Amy Bradley and the American Unitarian Association for what came to be known as Wilmington School District...
Dates: 1865-1924

Poisson Family Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-298
Scope and Contents

Contains letters to and from various Poisson and Cutlar family members--including Frederick, a merchant in London, Louis, a local Wilmington real estate agent, as well as from DuBrutz Cutlar, Jr.and Sr., both Wilmington lawyers. Materials include two photographs and three invitations as well.

Dates: 1887-1918, undated

St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SC-MS-180
Abstract

St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.

Dates: 1858-2009