Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection contains several albums of postcards, loose postcards, photographs, and two bound copies of letters and cables written by Alice Fechtig to her father during her European tour, June 6 - September 16, 1929. Many of the postcards in the collection are in color and include major European tourist attractions. Other countries included in the collection are the United States, the Caribbean islands, Russia, and Japan.
A letter dated October 26, 1910, from Agnes MacRae Parsley to her daughter, Anna Parsley Love, notes the preparations made for moving into town from Masonboro Sound, a summer residence. It illustrates the housekeeping preparation for such a move for a family of comfortable means, and social interaction in an informal manner.
This collection contains the personal and business papers of the Murchison family, specifically of David Reid Murchison, his wife, and his business associates. Items are mostly calling cards, notes, and stationary.
- Wilmington (N.C.) 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- African Americans -- Genealogy 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County -- History 1
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Jonkonnu (Festival) 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- Political 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Wilmington Massacre, Wilmington, N.C., 1898 1
- correspondence 1
- postcard albums 1
- postcards 1 ∧ less
- Cotton, Nada McDonald, 1895-1977 1
- Cronly family 1
- Cronly, Michael, 1826-1898 1
- Cronly, Robert Dixon, Jr., 1894-1968 1
- Fechtig, Alice Morriss, 1896-1971 1