Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Democratic Congressional Committee Advance Sheet Collection
"Easily Found" is an Advance Sheet issued by the Democratic Congressional Committee ca 1880, during the campaign for President of the United States in which James Garfield (Republican) ran against Winfield S. Hancock (Democrat).
Governor John W. Ellis Proclamation
A copy of a rare broadside calling the North Carolina legislature into special session was issued by Gov. John W. Ellis on April 17, 1861. The session was called as a result of Abraham Lincoln's call to arms "for the invasion of the peaceful homes of the South....." Only one original is known to exist (according to the donor) from which this copy was made.
Thomas George Pratt Broadside
As governor of Maryland, Thomas G. Pratt issued a proclamation designating Thursday, November 16, 1846, to be observed as a day of public thanksgiving in the state of Maryland. At that time, it was customary for the governor to annually assign such a day. This proclamation is dated October 8, 1846.
- Crédit Mobilier scandal 1
- Governors--Maryland 1
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Political campaigns 1
- Presidential candidates 1
- Thanksgiving Day 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- photocopies 1 ∧ less
- Arthur, Chester Alan, 1829-1886 1
- Ellis, John Willis, 1820-1861 1
- Garfield, James A. (James Abram), 1831-1881 1
- Hancock, Winfield Scott, 1824-1886 1
- North Carolina. Governor (1859-1861 : Ellis) 1