Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection of original and photocopied items is comprised of correspondence and newspaper clippings encompassing nearly 100 years, from 1849 to 1938. Especially of note is the correspondence dating from the time of the U.S. Civil War 1861- 1865. The letters paint a poignant image of life in the confederacy.
This collection consists of three civil war bank notes and illustrations from Civil War era newspapers including Harper’s History of the Great Rebellion, Harper’s Weekly, Illustrated London News and Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper. The images are listed by date, caption of the main illustration, and page numbers, when known. A Confederate Cross of Honor is also included.
This collection contains two copies of letters written from William Howell to Lawson Howell in October 1863; a copy of a letter from W.H. Spurlin to his cousins; a copy of a Company Muster Roll for Wm. M. Howell, 5 Regiment South Carolina State Troops; a copy of The Confederate States of America, Officers' Pay Account for Lieutenant W. Howell; copies of Furlough slips for Lawson Howell; and a copy of the Descriptive List and Account of Pay and Clothing for Lawson Howell.
A rare broadside issued September 14, 1862 by Army of the Confederate States "To the People of Western Virginia" by command of Major General William Wing Loring.
- Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources 4
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 3
- Confederate States of America -- History 2
- Broadsides -- Southern States 1
- Fort Caswell (N.C.) 1
- Pardon 1
- Telegraph 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- correspondence 1
- government records 1
- newspapers 1
- photocopies 1 ∧ less
- Graham, Stephen, 1822-1900 1
- Howell family 1
- Howell, Lawson, 1833-1910 1
- Howell, William H., 1826-1891 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1