Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 31
Actively involved with the religious, civic, and cultural life of the community, Rabbi Mordecai Thurman was Rabbi for Wilmington's Temple of Israel, the oldest Jewish temple in North Carolina, from 1936 until 1945. This collection contains oversized volumes of cantor's music in Hebrew, loose leaves of printed music, Yiddish posters, Hebrew choral manuscripts in parts Haggadah (Hebrew-English), an oral history with Trudi Rosenthal of the Holocaust and Rabbi Thurman's last sermon.
This collection contains 8 untitled and undated prints of religious and social scenes, published by Thomas Nelson and Sons.
This collection consists primarily of a family album and other photographs donated by a local Wilmingtonian, Robert E. Tapp, who relocated to Wilmington, NC in approximately 1904 from Somerset, England.
St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church was founded in Wilmington, North Carolina by Rt. Rev. Thomas Atkinson, bishop of the diocese of North Carolina in 1858. This collection contains documents, ephemera, minutes, pamphlets, photographs, publications and record books pertaining to the history and operations of the church.
This collection contains various articles and letters written by Susan Taylor Block, as well as photographs, of local and historical events of importance in the Lower Cape Fear.