Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Edwin E. Kirton Family Private Papers
This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, church programs and scrapbooks, as well as a large collection of sheet music that belonged to Mrs. Kirton. The scrapbooks in this collection highlight Father Kirton's career and other family events and the social column written by Mrs. Kirton for the Afro American newspaper.
Rabbi Thurman Collection
Actively involved with the religious, civic, and cultural life of the community, Rabbi Mordecai Thurman was Rabbi for Wilmington's Temple of Israel, the oldest Jewish temple in North Carolina, from 1936 until 1945. This collection contains oversized volumes of cantor's music in Hebrew, loose leaves of printed music, Yiddish posters, Hebrew choral manuscripts in parts Haggadah (Hebrew-English), an oral history with Trudi Rosenthal of the Holocaust and Rabbi Thurman's last sermon.
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Judaism 1
- Rabbis 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Kirton, Edwin E. , Reverend, 1907-1986 1
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Thurman, Mordecai Manuel, Rabbi, 1908-1985 1