Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This collection contains the papers of Congressman Alton Lennon during his tenure as U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 7th congressional district from 1957-1972. Included in the collection is correspondence, reports, and other documents related to legislation, district affairs, and politics during the time. Also included are three large scrapbooks documenting news coverage from Congressman Lennon's career and campaigns.
Abstract "Easily Found" is an Advance Sheet issued by the Democratic Congressional Committee ca 1880, during the campaign for President of the United States in which James Garfield (Republican) ran against Winfield S. Hancock (Democrat).
Dates: circa 1880
Scope and Contents This collections contains the legislative papers of North Carolina State Senator John J. Burney, Jr. Senator Burney represented New Hanover County from 1966-1972. The legislative papers consist primarily of correspondence, bills, publications, printed materials and newspaper clippings, covering a broad spectrum of social, economic and political issues during his time in office. Topics include taxation, environmentalism, transportation and infrastructure, Wilmington College (now UNCW), and water...
Dates: 1960 - 1972
Scope and Contents This collection contains videocassettes, framed photographs, campaign buttons, bumper stickers, autographs and other memorabilia related to the lives and political campaigns of Robert F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy and Kathleen Kennedy Townsend. The collection also contains an autographed Pro Set Senior PGA Tour card featuring Sam Snead.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 2
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 2
- Political campaigns 2
- Presidential candidates 2
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Crédit Mobilier scandal 1
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- broadsides (notices) 1 ∧ less
- United States. Congress. 2
- Arthur, Chester Alan, 1829-1886 1
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Garfield, James A. (James Abram), 1831-1881 1
- Hancock, Winfield Scott, 1824-1886 1