Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Alton A. Lennon Congressional Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the papers of Congressman Alton Lennon during his tenure as U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 7th congressional district from 1957-1972. Included in the collection is correspondence, reports, and other documents related to legislation, district affairs, and politics during the time. Also included are three large scrapbooks documenting news coverage from Congressman Lennon's career and campaigns.
B. D. Schwartz Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents The collection consists of twenty scrapbook albums containing letters, documents, news articles, awards, photos, advertisements, and brochures spanning sixty-seven years. Schwartz held many local and state offices in North Carolina, including Wilmington City Councilman, the Mayor of Wilmington, State Representative, and State Senator. As mayor, Schwartz served during a time of civil unrest surrounding the Wilmington Ten and established a chapter of the Human Relations Commission...
John J. Burney, Jr. Legislative Papers
Scope and Contents This collections contains the legislative papers of North Carolina State Senator John J. Burney, Jr. Senator Burney represented New Hanover County from 1966-1972. The legislative papers consist primarily of correspondence, bills, publications, printed materials and newspaper clippings, covering a broad spectrum of social, economic and political issues during his time in office. Topics include taxation, environmentalism, transportation and infrastructure, Wilmington College (now UNCW), and...
Dates: 1960 - 1972
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 2
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Hebrew 1
- Yiddish 1
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Lennon, Alton, 1906-1986 1
- Schwartz, B. D. (Benjamin David), 1909-2001 1
- United States. Congress. 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 1
- Wilmington College 1 ∧ less