Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection consists of three civil war bank notes and illustrations from Civil War era newspapers including Harper’s History of the Great Rebellion, Harper’s Weekly, Illustrated London News and Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper. The images are listed by date, caption of the main illustration, and page numbers, when known. A Confederate Cross of Honor is also included.
Dates: 1861-1887, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers, artifacts, and media related to the establishment and day-to-day operations of St. John’s Art Gallery. It emphasizes exhibits by providing insight into the world of art and curation techniques at the time. Moreover, the collection follows the remodel of St. John’s as they attempted to expand and play host to larger exhibits. This collection includes by-laws, consignment forms, reports, planners, press releases, brochures, correspondence, architectural plans,...
Scope and Contents This collection contains photocopies of issues of the Wilmington Daily Record, The Evening Dispatch, and fragments of the New York Journal around the time of and covering the Wilmington coup in 1898. The Journal makes explicit reference to the "riots" in Wilmington, gives the death toll as sixteen killed, and reprints the text of the Alex Manley editorial...
Dates: 1898 (photocopies)
- photocopies 2
- African American newspaper editors 1
- African American newspapers 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Architects -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Art -- History 1
- Artists -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Arts 1
- Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- Race relations 1
- Wilmington Massacre, Wilmington, N.C., 1898 1
- blueprints 1
- correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Manly, Alex 1