Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Scope and Contents The majority of this collection consists of correspondence between Anchram Harris Evans, a Confederate soldier during the Civil War from Brunswick County, NC, and his wife Elizabeth Kelly Evans (she is referred to as either "Bettie" or "Lizzie" in the letters), with a few letters between Anchram and his sister. Typed transcripts of the letters from their grandson, Troy Henry, in 1956 are also included.
Dates: 1861-1865, 1956; Majority of material found within 1861-1865
Scope and Contents A letter dated October 26, 1910, from Agnes MacRae Parsley to her daughter, Anna Parsley Love, notes the preparations made for moving into town from Masonboro Sound, a summer residence. It illustrates the housekeeping preparation for such a move for a family of comfortable means, and social interaction in an informal manner.
Dates: 1910 October 26
Scope and Contents This collection of original and photocopied items is comprised of correspondence and newspaper clippings encompassing nearly 100 years, from 1849 to 1938. Especially of note is the correspondence dating from the time of the U.S. Civil War 1861- 1865. The letters paint a poignant image of life in the confederacy.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a letter and 29 photographs, 7 of which are signed, of North Carolina writers from Charlie's Books, a bookstore in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Photographs were taken in the store. The photographs that are dated range from 1989 to 1998, while dates of some of the photographs are unknown. The letter depicts correspondence between April Andrews and an author asking for a photograph and signature for the book store.
Dates: 1980s-1990s, unknown
Abstract Cornelius (Neal) Dickinson Thomas, local artist and author, spent most of his life at his family home, Clarendon Plantation, in Brunswick county. This collection includes personal correspondence, post cards, greeting cards, photographs, documents relating to James Forte and two paintings.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of original documents, letters, financial records and printed material dealing with the establishment of free public schools in Wilmington, North Carolina after the Civil War. The correspondence details the financial support for school construction, teacher recruitment, and administration provided by the Massachusetts Soldiers Memorial Society, Mary Hemenway, Amy Bradley and the American Unitarian Association for what came to be known as Wilmington School District #2....
Scope and Contents This collection features papers, photographs, and memorabillia belonging to Don Betz, who served as mayor of Wilmington, North Carolina from 1987 to 1997. Betz's appointment books and correspondence from throughout his tenure, as both a city council member and later mayor, depict both his day-to-day duties and important local issues he discussed with officials and legislators at the state and national level. His campaign work, service outside the council, and involvement in local, national, and...
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence from Henry (Harry) Bacon to his family. Most of the letters are addressed to his mother, but some are to his older sister Katherine and his younger brother Carl. Many are illustrated with humorous sketches portraying various predicaments of daily life. The post-college letters in this group came from scattered times of his life and contain frequent though modest allusions to his professional achievements. These letters are photocopies of letters lent to...
Dates: 1881-1921 (photocopies), 1969, 1994; Majority of material found within 1885
Scope and Contents This collection contains 46 manuscripts, letters, and documents dating from 1811-1864, relating to the Kellogg family in Wilmington, N.C. Included are inventories of personal effects and papers from 1826 concerning Jos. Kellogg's death.
Abstract St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. The church was formed by the merging of two congregations in 1944, St. Andrews Presbyterian and The Church of the Covenant. This collection includes histocial and financial data on the church, its leaders, members and organizations.
- Wilmington (N.C.) 4
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Architects -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 2
- Artists -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 2
- Business enterprises -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 2
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 2
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 2
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- photocopies 2
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County -- History 1
- Art -- History 1
- Arts 1
- Authors 1
- Bank fraud 1
- Bankers -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- Business records 1
- Church Membership 1
- Confederate States of America -- History 1
- Lincoln Memorial (Washington, D.C.) 1
- North Carolina 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- North Carolina--History, local 1
- Photography -- Equipment and supplies 1
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 1
- Politicians 1
- Presbyterian Church 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- North Carolina 1
- Religion 1
- Rosenwald schools 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Women in the Presbyterian Church 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- History -- Sources 1
- Worship Programs 1
- blueprints 1
- deeds 1
- minutes (administrative documents) 1
- newspapers 1
- postcards 1 ∧ less
- American Institute of Architects 1
- Armstrong, Edward Hall, 1841-1864 1
- Armstrong, Thomas James, 1813-1877 1
- Bacon, Henry, 1866-1924 1
- Betz, Donald H. (Donald Henry) 1
- Bradley, Amy Morris, 1823-1904 1
- Cooper, Thomas E., 1883-1949 1
- Democratic National Convention 1
- Hemenway, Mary, 1820-1894 1
- Love, Anna Parsley, 1886-1973 1
- North Carolina. Governor (1925-1929 : McLean) 1
- Parsley, Agnes MacRae, 1859-1930 1
- Presbyterian Women (Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)) 1
- Sprunt, James, 1846-1924 1
- St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Thomas, Cornelius (Neal) Dickinson, 1920-2005 1 ∧ less