Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Dr. Heyward C. Bellamy served as Superintendant of the New Hanover County School System from 1968 to 1981, during which time he oversaw the integration of public schools. This collection contains materials relating to the integration of New Hanover County schools, including court documents and supporting exhibit materials from integration law suits, as well as other school integration and civil rights cases from the area and nationally.
This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, church programs and scrapbooks, as well as a large collection of sheet music that belonged to Mrs. Kirton. The scrapbooks in this collection highlight Father Kirton's career and other family events and the social column written by Mrs. Kirton for the Afro American newspaper.
This collection was compiled in 1973 by Michael Glancy, to complete his Multiple Abilities Project research report entitled "The Wilmington Riot of November 10, 1898." The collection includes xerographic, microform, and photocopies of newspaper and periodical articles, letters, memoranda, resolutions, and memoirs of some of the principal participants in the November 10, 1898 racially-motivated coup d'etat of Wilmington, NC.
- Wilmington Massacre, Wilmington, N.C., 1898 4
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- Race relations 3
- Civil rights movements -- United States 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) 2
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- photocopies 2
- African American newspaper editors 1
- African American newspapers 1
- Arts 1
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Music 1
- Political 1
- Religion 1
- School integration 1
- newspapers 1 ∧ less
- 1898 Centennial Foundation (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Bellamy, Heyward C., Dr., 1924-2014 1
- Butler, Marion, 1863-1938 1
- Cameron, George Wallace, 1873-1939 1
- Eaton, Hubert A., Dr. (Hubert Arthur), 1916-1991 1