Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains a published statement that compares expenditures in North Carolina under Republican and Democratic control for each Fiscal Year beginning 1868, ending Sept. 30, 1880.
This collection contains the papers of Congressman Alton Lennon during his tenure as U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 7th congressional district from 1957-1972. Included in the collection is correspondence, reports, and other documents related to legislation, district affairs, and politics during the time. Also included are three large scrapbooks documenting news coverage from Congressman Lennon's career and campaigns.
This collection contains photocopies of some of William Bryant Cooper’s public papers. Included is a statement of his campaign expenses in 1920 and a letter and accompanying voucher for $6.00 for Cooper’s last day of service as President of the North Carolina State Senate Session of 1925. Cooper, a Democrat from New Hanover County, served as Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina from 1921-1925. As such, he presided over the State Senate for the two regular and two special sessions.
A copy of a rare broadside calling the North Carolina legislature into special session was issued by Gov. John W. Ellis on April 17, 1861. The session was called as a result of Abraham Lincoln's call to arms "for the invasion of the peaceful homes of the South....." Only one original is known to exist (according to the donor) from which this copy was made.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 5
- Legislators -- North Carolina 2
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 2
- Expenditures, Public 1
- Flags -- United States -- History 1
- Lieutenant governors -- North Carolina -- 19th century 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Statesmen -- North Carolina -- 19th century 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- broadsides (notices) 1
- correspondence 1
- flags 1
- photocopies 1 ∧ less
- Lennon, Alton, 1906-1986 2
- Betz, Donald H. (Donald Henry) 1
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Cantwell, Robert Calder, 1886-1961 1
- Cooper, William Bryant , 1867-1959 1