Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Governor John W. Ellis Proclamation
A copy of a rare broadside calling the North Carolina legislature into special session was issued by Gov. John W. Ellis on April 17, 1861. The session was called as a result of Abraham Lincoln's call to arms "for the invasion of the peaceful homes of the South....." Only one original is known to exist (according to the donor) from which this copy was made.
Mrs. C.A. Council Letter
Letter to Mrs. C.A. Council from her unnamed brother dated 17 February 1862. In the letter, Council's brother describes the location where his regiment is stationed during the Civil War.
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- Politicians 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- broadsides (notices) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 18th 1
- Ellis, John Willis, 1820-1861 1
- North Carolina. Governor (1859-1861 : Ellis) 1