Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, church programs and scrapbooks, as well as a large collection of sheet music that belonged to Mrs. Kirton. The scrapbooks in this collection highlight Father Kirton's career and other family events and the social column written by Mrs. Kirton for the Afro American newspaper.
Scope and Contents This collection contains memorabilia relating to the John Callum Ragtime Trio, a musical group that performed at local Wilmington venues during the late 1970s and early 1980s. Included are photographs, music lists and lyrics, and newspaper clippings.
Scope and Contents This collection documents the activities Wilmington's Thursday Morning Music Club from its origin in 1892 to 2014, including the club's affiliation with the North Carolina and National Federations of Music Clubs. Represented in the records are minutes, bylaws, banking records, reports, correspondence, member directories, programs, and yearbooks. Of historical significance are the minutes of the club's first meetings documenting its founding members, meeting locations and songs practiced. This...
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Religion 1
- publications (documents) 1
- sheet music 1
- Kirton, Edwin E. , Reverend, 1907-1986 1
- National Federation of Music Clubs 1
- North Carolina Federation of Music Clubs 1
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Thursday Morning Music Club (Wilmington, N.C.) 1