Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This extensive collection includes the original materials and photocopies of the legal actions instituted by Dr. Eaton and his fellow plaintiffs to compel the integration of the fundamental institutions of New Hanover County--the public schools and the hospital--in the 1960s and 1970s. Moreover, the collection also reflects the broad spectrum of Dr. Eaton's interests and activities which included medical and public health issues, education, civil rights and athletics.A gifted...
Scope and Contents Dr. William H. Wagoner served as the Superintendent of the New Hanover county school system from 1961-1968, as the fourth President of Wilmington College from 1968-1969 and as the first Chancellor of the University of North Carolina Wilmington from 1969-1990. This collection contains correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, agendas, photographs, maps and ephemera related to the careers of Dr. Wagoner in Wilmington as well as his personal life.
Abstract This collection contains the personal papers of Thomas T. Hamilton, first President of Wilmington College and long time Principal of New Hanover High School. With inclusive dates of 1948-1989, the collection includes Hamilton's curriculum vitae, newspaper articles, photographs, a letter, and a typed report. These papers focus on Hamilton's career change in 1949 and his involvement with Wilmington College.
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Education, Secondary 1
- Kenan House 1
- Physicians -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Wilmington College 2
- American Tennis Association 1
- Community Hospital (Wilmington, NC) 1
- Eaton, Hubert A., Dr. (Hubert Arthur), 1916-1991 1
- Gibson, Althea, 1927-2003 1
- Hamilton, Thomas T. (Thomas Tristam), 1900- 1
- James Walker Memorial Hospital 1
- Learning Institute of North Carolina 1
- New Hanover High School (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- North Carolina Advancement School 1
- North Carolina Education Association 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington. Board of Trustees 1
- Wagoner, William H., 1927-1999 1 ∧ less