Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Dr. Heyward C. Bellamy served as Superintendant of the New Hanover County School System from 1968 to 1981, during which time he oversaw the integration of public schools. This collection contains materials relating to the integration of New Hanover County schools, including court documents and supporting exhibit materials from integration law suits, as well as other school integration and civil rights cases from the area and nationally.
This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, church programs and scrapbooks, as well as a large collection of sheet music that belonged to Mrs. Kirton. The scrapbooks in this collection highlight Father Kirton's career and other family events and the social column written by Mrs. Kirton for the Afro American newspaper.
- Arts 1
- Education -- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Music 1
- Political 1
- Religion 1
- Bellamy, Heyward C., Dr., 1924-2014 1
- Cameron, George Wallace, 1873-1939 1
- Eaton, Hubert A., Dr. (Hubert Arthur), 1916-1991 1
- Kirton, Edwin E. , Reverend, 1907-1986 1
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1