Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Scope and Contents This collection contains aerial photographs of North Carolina counties, with an emphasis on New Hanover County.
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The collection contains five scrapbooks and a few loose documents and photographs depicting Blanche Ambrose's life in Wilmington, NC and her education as a nurse.
Dates: circa 1960s
Scope and Contents This collection consists of papers and artifacts of or relating to the Bland Family of North Carolina, including papers of other prominent families who have close relations to the Blands. This collection spans from 1802 to 1985 and consists primarily of legal documents regarding the transfer and acquisition of land in Brunswick and Columbus counties of North Carolina. There are various types of deeds, the majority being land deeds, as well as several indentures between Bland family members and...
Abstract Dr. Gerald H. Shinn (known as Gerry) taught at the University of North Carolina Wilmington in the department of philosophy and religion for 27 years. His passion for teaching was well known at the university and is self-evident in his career achievements. This manuscript collection includes Shinn's vast slide collection as well as documents and other materials related to his career and personal interests.
Scope and Contents This collection contains various large, historical prints and photographs from the mid-1700s to the mid-1900s.
Dates: 1725-1968, undated
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers and media related to the career of local Wilmington artist Gayle Tustin. The collection includes sketchbooks, preliminary plans, interviews, magazine articles, applications, records, artists' biography, consignment forms, material lists, photographs, postcards, and brochures that map Tustin's artistic career from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. The collection ranges in terms of the size and scope of projects, including local commissions and plans for...
Scope and Contents The Kiker collection contains photographs of Private First Class George Franklin Kiker, telegrams sent to his family notifying them of his injury, a copy of his honorable discharge, his Purple Heart, and other medals he was awarded. Several paper items were preserved from a scrapbook, some are attached on both sides of the pages. These items include Bill Mauldin editorial cartoons, newspaper clippings, Christmas Cards, and V-Mail.
Scope and Contents This collection contains Jack Berkman's photo records, handwritten records, an album of his work and personal photographs, gallery announcements, copies of letters with sketches from post-WWII, numerous color slides of his art, exhibits, and family, newspaper articles, and twenty sheets (back to back) of ink sketches of nudes.
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers pertaining to Joseph A. Moore’s service in the United States Navy during World War II. Moore served on the USS Uhlmann with the Fast Carrier Task Force, specifically Task Force 38 (3rd Fleet) and Task Force 58 (5th Fleet). The collected documents, directly and indirectly, reflect the daily life of a serviceman and war in the Pacific arena. Included are correspondence, certificates, photographs, collected Japanese ephemera, and ship logs documenting daily...
Scope and Contents Contains letters to and from various Poisson and Cutlar family members--including Frederick, a merchant in London, Louis, a local Wilmington real estate agent, as well as from DuBrutz Cutlar, Jr.and Sr., both Wilmington lawyers. Materials include two photographs and three invitations as well.
Dates: 1887-1918, undated
- photographs 10
- Artists 3
- prints (visual works) 3
- Artists -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 2
- Arts 2
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Religion 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- History -- Sources 2
- correspondence 2
- slides (photographs) 2
- Archaeology 1
- Art -- History 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) 1
- Drawing 1
- Land use surveys -- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- Land use surveys -- Columbus County (N.C.) 1
- Map drawing 1
- Military decorations -- United States 1
- Naval battles 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- Nonprofit organizations 1
- North Carolina Living Treasures Award 1
- North Carolina--History--19th century 1
- Schweitzer Prizes 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 18th century 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- History -- Sources 1
- aerial photographs 1
- deeds 1
- maps (documents) 1
- medals 1
- negatives (photographs) 1
- newsletters 1
- newspapers 1
- printed ephemera 1
- scrapbooks 1
- works of art 1 ∧ less
- Berkman, Jack I., 1908-1999 1
- Bland Family 1
- Bland, Johnie, 1898-1963 1
- Cutlar, DuBrutz, 1832-1898 1
- Cutlar, DuBrutz, 1866-1905 1
- Kiker, George Franklin, 1925-1987 1
- Mauldin, Bill, 1921-2003 1
- Moore, Joseph Alonzo, Jr., 1925-2003 1
- North Carolina (Battleship : BB-55) 1
- Poisson, Frederick Cutlar, 1866-1941 1
- Poisson, Gethyn Ball Rugan, 1896-1958 1
- Poisson, Louis Julien, 1860-1891 1
- Poisson, Louis Julien, 1887-1961 1
- Tapp family 1
- Tapp, Elizabeth Prentess Woodward, 1888-1978 1
- Tapp, Robert Estworthy, 1880-1979 1
- Tustin, Gayle Lynne, 1954- 1
- United States. Air Force 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Navy. Fast Carrier Task Force 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 1
- Wilmington Art Association (1971-) 1
- Wilmington College. Board of Trustees 1 ∧ less