Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers and memorabilia related to Dr. Duncan Randall's personal and family life, his military career with the U.S. Air Force, his academic career as a professor at Wilmington College (now UNCW), and his personal and political interests. Materials include documents, correspondence, newspaper articles and clippings, a stamp collection, emphemera, artifacts, and photographs.
Scope and Contents This collection includes minutes, memoranda, letters, photographs, and blueprints associated with the development of the University landmarks and student commons area between 1983 and 1987. The collection focuses on the Landmark Committee’s progress, documents a meeting held with the Board of Trustees, and includes negatives and blueprints of landmark designs. Much of the collection relates to the research of the Historical Events Committee, a subcommittee established by John J. Burney, Jr.,...
Dates: 1982 May 28 - 1987 December 31
Scope and Contents This collection consists of letters, photographs, and documents collected by Wayne Jackson and dating from 1954 to 1973. Jackson was a broadcaster for Southeast North Carolina NBC television affiliate WECT (formerly WMFD).The bulk of the collection relates to three historical events. First, the collection includes information on the telecast of the first Southeastern North Carolina Junior Basketball Tournament held at Brogden Hall, the gymnasium at New Hanover High School in...
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 2
- Baseball -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Basketball -- Tournaments -- United States 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- North Carolina 1
- Political 1
- Public universities and colleges 1
- Television stations -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1 ∧ less
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 2
- Bellamy, Heyward C., Dr., 1924-2014 1
- Bissette, Samuel D., 1921- 1
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1