Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This collection contains bound copies of newspaper article copies, newspaper clippings, and typed article drafts written by Bill Faver as part of his work as a reporter with the Brunswick Beacon from the 1970s-1990s.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of papers and artifacts of or relating to the Bland Family of North Carolina, including papers of other prominent families who have close relations to the Blands. This collection spans from 1802 to 1985 and consists primarily of legal documents regarding the transfer and acquisition of land in Brunswick and Columbus counties of North Carolina. There are various types of deeds, the majority being land deeds, as well as several indentures between Bland family members and...
Dates: 1840-1854, undated
Abstract Cornelius (Neal) Dickinson Thomas, local artist and author, spent most of his life at his family home, Clarendon Plantation, in Brunswick county. This collection includes personal correspondence, post cards, greeting cards, photographs, documents relating to James Forte and two paintings.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of photocopies of land grants, deeds, and land surveys for various properties in North and South Carolina. Also of significance in this collection are photocopies of Dr. Bellamy's Oath of Allegiance (U.S. Department of State Certificate), his pardon from President Andrew Johnson, and his letter of the pardon to Secretary of State William H. Seward.
Dates: 1778-1865 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal records pertaining to the Wilmington law firm, John D. Bellamy & Sons. Most of the records are directly related to John Dillard Bellamy, Jr. (24 March 1853-25 September 1942), and Bellamy’s law associates, including his son Emmett Hargrove Bellamy (12 February 1891-31 March 1952). John D. Bellamy, Jr., was a Democratic congressman, North Carolina legislator, politician, lawyer, and manufacturer. Types of materials include correspondence, court documents, and...
Scope and Contents This collection contains over a hundred years worth of North Carolina land indentures, mortgage deeds, and warranty deeds, mostly in Brunswick County. Three documents refer specifically to lots of land in the city of Wilmington, and another refers to land in the State of New York.
Dates: Other: 1799-1928
- Brunswick County (N.C.) 6
- deeds 2
- Artists -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Bladen County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Deeds -- North Carolina -- Craven County 1
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Land use surveys -- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- Land use surveys -- Columbus County (N.C.) 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Lawyers 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- Map drawing 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina--History--19th century 1
- Onslow County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Pardon 1
- Pender County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Political 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- correspondence 1
- maps (documents) 1
- newspapers 1
- photocopies 1
- photographs 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, Emmett Hargrove, 1891-1952 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, 1853-1942 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, Dr., 1817-1896 1
- Bland Family 1
- Bland, Johnie, 1898-1963 1