Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collection contains papers documenting the political activities and business operations of Albert W. Buffkin (1855-1921), a white landowner, business operator, and farmer in Columbus County, North Carolina during the late-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries. Types of materials include professional and personal correspondence, a 1782 land grant, deeds and indentures, court and legal documents, handwritten notes, political pamphlets, contracts, mortgage agreements, account books, and...
Dates: 1782-2005, bulk 1870-1930
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal records pertaining to the Wilmington law firm, John D. Bellamy & Sons. Most of the records are directly related to John Dillard Bellamy, Jr. (24 March 1853-25 September 1942), and Bellamy’s law associates, including his son Emmett Hargrove Bellamy (12 February 1891-31 March 1952). John D. Bellamy, Jr., was a Democratic congressman, North Carolina legislator, politician, lawyer, and manufacturer. Types of materials include correspondence, court documents, and...
Scope and Contents Conservation ecology, fauna and flora of eastern America, and fish and fishing at Lake Waccamaw are a part of this collection donated by John McNeill. Also included are histories of food, church, mollusks and shells of North Carolina, and general history of the area. Of interest is State Park Master Plan, House Document on Green Swamp, scenic travel guides. Also contains deed and land indentures for land in Bladen and Columbus Counties dating from 1735-1884.
Dates: 1735-1884, 1985-2004
- Bladen County (N.C.) 2
- Columbus County (N.C.) 2
- Bladen County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Business records 1
- Columbus County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Lake Waccamaw (N.C.) 1
- Law offices -- Records and correspondence 1
- Lawyers 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- Onslow County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Pender County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- deeds 1 ∧ less
- Bellamy, Emmett Hargrove, 1891-1952 1
- Bellamy, John Dillard, 1853-1942 1
- Buffkin, Albert Winget, 1855-1921 1