Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Atkinson and Murchison Family Papers
Scope and Contents This collection contains the papers of the Atkinson and Murchison families of Wilmington, North Carolina. A significant portion pertains to Reverend Thomas Atkinson and his son-in-law Reverend David Hillhouse Buel, both North Carolina leaders in the Episcopal church. Additional content relates to various members of the Atkinson and Murchison families, particularly Rev. Atkinson's son--Colonel John Wilder Atkinson, John Wilder's daughter--Loulie Atkinson Murchison, her husband Joel Williams...
Protestant Episcopal Church Resolution
Scope and Contents This collection contains a printed extract from unidentified meeting minutes indicating the following: The clergy and laity of the Protestant Episcopal Church of New York City met in the Lecture Room of Christ Church on September 14, 1829 to adopt measures to establish the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Territory of Florida. Rev. Dr. Lyell was appointed chairman and Rev. John M. Guion, secretary. The members resolved to meet again the following Friday evening and to invite other...
Dates: 1829 September 14
St. Paul's Episcopal Church Papers
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church was founded in Wilmington, North Carolina by Rt. Rev. Thomas Atkinson, bishop of the diocese of North Carolina in 1858. This collection contains documents, ephemera, minutes, pamphlets, photographs, publications and record books pertaining to the history and operations of the church.
- Families -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- Church history -- 19th century 1
- North Carolina--Genealogy 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Atkinson, J.W., Colonel (John Wilder), 1830-1910 1
- Atkinson, Thomas, 1807-1881 1
- Buel, David Hillhouse, Reverend, 1817-1893 1
- Giles, Lucy W. W. (Lucy Wooster Wright Murchison), 1850-1913 1
- Marvin, Lucille W. M. (Lucille Wright Murchison), 1880-1968 1