Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This record group includes information by and about the Board of Trustees at the University of North Carolina Wilmington from 1958 to the present. Files include official, signed meeting minutes, committee meeting minutes, subject files,correspondence, clippings, membership rosters, and photographs.
Dates: 1958 - 2021
Found in: University Archives
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence and other documents associated with Cyrus Hogue's involvement in advocating for a new bridge crossing over the Cape Fear River in Wilmington. After decades of campaigning by local citizens, the Wilmington bridge project finally came to fruition with the completion of the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge in 1969. Hogue, a local Wilmington lawyer and Chairman of the Democratic Party, was instrumental in working the State Highway Commission and Governor Terry...
Scope and Contents This collection contains various large, historical prints and photographs from the mid-1700s to the mid-1900s.
Dates: 1725-1968, undated
Scope and Contents This collection primarily contains papers, records, photos, speeches, and correspondence of John J. Burney, Jr. from his enlistment into the Army in 1943, directly from high school graduation, through the end of the 20th century.
- Names: Wilmington College. Board of Trustees X
- Randall Library Special Collections 3
- University Archives 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 2
- Cape Fear Memorial Bridge (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- College trustees 1
- Education, Higher 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Public universities and colleges 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Finance 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- photographs 1
- prints (visual works) 1 ∧ less
- Wilmington College 2
- Babcock, W. F. (Willard F.), 1917-1991 1
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Evans, Merrill Jennings, 1904-1993 1
- Faircloth, Lauch, 1928- 1