Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains papers and memorabilia related to Dr. Duncan Randall's personal and family life, his military career with the U.S. Air Force, his academic career as a professor at Wilmington College (now UNCW), and his personal and political interests. Materials include documents, correspondence, newspaper articles and clippings, a stamp collection, emphemera, artifacts, and photographs.
This collection includes various working drafts and notes for Dr. J. Marshall Crews' book, From These Beginnings: Wilmington College, 1946-1969. This book chronicles the early development of Wilmington College, which later developed into the University of North Carolina Wilmington.
This collection primarily contains papers, records, photos, speeches, and correspondence of John J. Burney, Jr. from his enlistment into the Army in 1943, directly from high school graduation, through the end of the 20th century.
The Hawk's Eye was a regular feature article in the Star News written by Carlton Rhodes, a student at Wilmington College. The article was subtitled "News of Wilmington College," and chronicled all the important events and people associated with the college at that time.
- Wilmington (N.C.) 2
- Authors 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- North Carolina 1
- Political 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Wilmington College -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington star-news (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- newspapers 1 ∧ less
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 3
- Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Crews, J. Marshall, 1910-2010 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Randall, Duncan Peter, 1931-2002 1