Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Thirteen xerographic copies of letters sent to James and Elizabeth Gore High of Whiteville, North Carolina are contained in this collection. The letters were sent to them by their sons Daniel Pinckney High (known as D.P. or Pink), John H. High, and William J. High during the Civil War. James High also received letters from family friends, William H. Best and William R. Richardson, both of Whiteville.
This collection contains correspondence between Mrs. Elizabeth Gore High of Whiteville, North Carolina, her daughter, Mrs. Mary E. High Farrar of Wilmington, North Carolina and her son, D.P. High of Whiteville, North Carolina regarding daily life and the health of Elizabeth High.
- Names: High, Daniel Pinkney, 1843-1912 X
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- correspondence 1
- Best, William H. 1
- Farrar, Mary E. High, 1855-1917 1
- High, Elizabeth Gore 1
- High, James, 1808-1876 1
- High, John Homer 1