Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collections contains the legislative papers of North Carolina State Senator John J. Burney, Jr. Senator Burney represented New Hanover County from 1966-1972. The legislative papers consist primarily of correspondence, bills, publications, printed materials and newspaper clippings, covering a broad spectrum of social, economic and political issues during his time in office. Topics include taxation, environmentalism, transportation and infrastructure, Wilmington College (now UNCW), and...
Dates: 1960 - 1972
Scope and Contents
This collection primarily contains papers, records, photos, speeches, and correspondence of John J. Burney, Jr. from his enlistment into the Army in 1943, directly from high school graduation, through the end of the 20th century.
Scope and Contents This collection includes minutes, memoranda, letters, photographs, and blueprints associated with the development of the University landmarks and student commons area between 1983 and 1987. The collection focuses on the Landmark Committee’s progress, documents a meeting held with the Board of Trustees, and includes negatives and blueprints of landmark designs. Much of the collection relates to the research of the Historical Events Committee, a subcommittee established by John J. Burney,...
Dates: 1982 May 28 - 1987 December 31
- Names: Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 X
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 1
- Politicians 1
- Public universities and colleges 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Wilmington College 2
- Bellamy, Heyward C., Dr., 1924-2014 1
- Bissette, Samuel D., 1921- 1
- Eaton, Hubert A., Dr. (Hubert Arthur), 1916-1991 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 1