Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This collections contains the legislative papers of North Carolina State Senator John J. Burney, Jr. Senator Burney represented New Hanover County from 1966-1972. The legislative papers consist primarily of correspondence, bills, publications, printed materials and newspaper clippings, covering a broad spectrum of social, economic and political issues during his time in office. Topics include taxation, environmentalism, transportation and infrastructure, Wilmington College (now UNCW), and...
Dates: 1960 - 1972
Scope and Contents
This collection primarily contains papers, records, photos, speeches, and correspondence of John J. Burney, Jr. from his enlistment into the Army in 1943, directly from high school graduation, through the end of the 20th century.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the records of the University of North Carolina Wilmington's Landmark Committee and Historical Events Committee, both of which were convened at the request of the University's Board of Trustees to complete work for a project associated with the University Commons site. The Landmark Committee was tasked with identifying an appropriate landmark to place in the University Commons outdoor space in companionship with its landscaping plan. Once the Landmark Committee's...
- Names: Burney, John Jay, Jr., 1924-2010 X
- Legislators -- North Carolina 1
- Monuments 1
- New Hanover County (N.C.) 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government 1
- Political Campaigns -- North Carolina 1
- Politicians 1
- Public universities and colleges 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington -- History -- Sources 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Wilmington College 2
- Bellamy, Heyward C., Dr., 1924-2014 1
- Bissette, Samuel D., 1921-2005 1
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington 1
- Wagoner, William H., 1927-1999 1