Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Army Times: An Independent Newspaper Serving Army People was a newspaper printed to inform service people of military changes, Desert Storm and Desert Shield Operations, and of other related military topics of concern to its readers. The newspapers consist of advertisements, as well as reports and articles related to military personnel. 29 issues are included from 1990-1991.
This collection contains bound copies of newspaper article copies, newspaper clippings, and typed article drafts written by Bill Faver as part of his work as a reporter with the Brunswick Beacon from the 1970s-1990s.
This collection consists of three civil war bank notes and illustrations from Civil War era newspapers including Harper’s History of the Great Rebellion, Harper’s Weekly, Illustrated London News and Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper. The images are listed by date, caption of the main illustration, and page numbers, when known. A Confederate Cross of Honor is also included.
This collection contains issues of "Yank Magazine" and the "Stars and Stripes" newspaper, which were published by the U.S. Military during World War II. These publications reported on the happenings of the war and focused on members of the armed forces overseas.
Posters and oversize promotional materials for events and other activities. Many are from Printing Services.
The Hawk's Eye was a regular feature article in the Star News written by Carlton Rhodes, a student at Wilmington College. The article was subtitled "News of Wilmington College," and chronicled all the important events and people associated with the college at that time.
Extra, unbound newsprint copies of the Seahawk, the student newspaper from 2000-Present. The Seahawk is also available bound in the Archives publication collection and on microfilm.
- Randall Library Special Collections 10
- University Archives 2
- newspapers 11
- photocopies 3
- Pamphlets 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- correspondence 2
- photographs 2
- African American newspaper editors 1
- African American newspapers 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Architects -- North Carolina -- Wilmington 1
- Art -- History 1
- Artists -- North Carolina -- New Hanover County 1
- Arts 1
- Brunswick County (N.C.) 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals 1
- Confederate States of America -- History -- Sources 1
- Naval battles 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Operation Desert Shield, 1990-1991 1
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 1
- Seahawk (Student newspaper) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- Race relations 1
- Wilmington Massacre, Wilmington, N.C., 1898 1
- Wilmington star-news (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- History -- Sources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- History -- Sources 1
- aerial photographs 1
- blueprints 1
- posters 1
- printed ephemera 1 ∧ less
- Campus Activities and Involvement Center 1
- Jones, Viola Murrell 1
- Jones, Wilbur D., 1934- 1
- Jones, Wilbur David, 1892-1967 1
- Manly, Alex 1