Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Scope and Contents This collection consists of photocopies of music scores and sheet music primarly composed by Alfred Harding Yopp, Wilmington musician and businessman, as well as correspondence, newspaper clippings, and programs.
Dates: 1896-1976 (photocopies)
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, church programs and scrapbooks, as well as a large collection of sheet music that belonged to Mrs. Kirton. The scrapbooks in this collection highlight Father Kirton's career and other family events and the social column written by Mrs. Kirton for the Afro American newspaper.
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of undated piano and choral sheet music consisting of music from play productions and operas, official United States military songs, and other songs of the era. Well-known pieces such as People Will Say We Are In Love from the musical Oklahoma and the musical score from Gone With The Wind are contained within this sheet music collection. The only dated source, The Marine's Hymn, is from 1942 and is the oldest and official song of the United State Marine Corps.
Dates: 1942, Undated
Scope and Contents Original sheet music, mostly of the the late nineteenth century, for voice and piano.
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised of original music scores for chorus and organ, as well as revisions of other compositions.
Dates: Other: Dummy Date
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents Collection of sheet music, both vocal and instrumental, from the early to mid 20th century.
Dates: circa 1918-1950
Scope and Contents This collection contains memorabilia relating to the John Callum Ragtime Trio, a musical group that performed at local Wilmington venues during the late 1970s and early 1980s. Included are photographs, music lists and lyrics, and newspaper clippings.
Scope and Contents Karen Swenson's book projects focused on Greta Garbo, Barbra Streisand, Deanna Durbin, Liza Minelli, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Stevie Nicks, and US Gymnasts. Her research material spans items such as personal correspondence, fan mail, newspaper and magazine articles, photographs, audio visual material, related books and essays, and manuscript drafts.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the work of musicologist, Kurt Stone. Material includes scores edited by Stone, as well as personal and professional correspondence.
Dates: 1934-1998, undated
- sheet music 7
- Wilmington (N.C.) 5
- Choral music 2
- Religion 2
- Actresses 1
- African Americans -- North Carolina -- Wilmington -- History 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States 1
- Composers -- United States 1
- Hymns 1
- Judaism 1
- Military music 1
- Musicals 1
- Opera 1
- Piano ensembles 1
- Rabbis 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- correspondence 1
- photocopies 1
- publications (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Hebrew 1
- Durbin, Deanna 1
- Fleetwood Mac (Musical group) 1
- Garbo, Greta, 1905-1990 1
- Garland, Judy 1
- Howell, Laura M Harriss, 1836-1911 1
- Kirton, Edwin E. , Reverend, 1907-1986 1
- Minnelli, Liza 1
- Monroe, Marilyn, 1926-1962 1
- National Federation of Music Clubs 1
- Nicks, Stevie 1
- North Carolina Federation of Music Clubs 1
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Streisand, Barbra 1
- Thurman, Mordecai Manuel, Rabbi, 1908-1985 1
- Thursday Morning Music Club (Wilmington, N.C.) 1
- Yopp, Alfred Harding, 1876-1973 1
- deRosset, Fanny Bowdoin, 1887-1983 1 ∧ less